Monday 3 December 2012

Hey not posted here for over a year ..... that's what happens when you fall in love, get married and move house :D
So last week has been a bit busy - Avon parties, christmas craft fayres, concerts, festivals and lots of dancing classes - still managed to squeeze in iHanna's Autumn DIY postcard swap!
 www.ihanna.nu/blog/2012/11/share-you-postcard-makings/

So my five handmade cards are now winging their way across the skies to their new owners (I hope they like them) but here is a wee snippet of how the 'making' took place :)

 From the table .....

 
.... to the kitchen worktop.
 
Here are the finished postcards - complete with handmade needlefelted and stitched badges.
 




 

I was a breastfeeding mum and I have never felt so empowered as a woman as I did then.  I have taken prints from some of my favourite life drawings and added handmade badges. 
The text reads:
 
'I am important.  I count. 
I now care for and nourish myself with love and with joy. 
I allow others the freedom to be who they are. 
We are all safe and free.'
 

This is a mantra for soothing troubled breasts by Louise L. Hay.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Linn!! Love your postcards. (And also Louise Hay. She's great.)

    I'm glad you liked my little political postcard.

    Rockyann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, love can make you busy! :-) Thanks for joining the swap, and thanks for sharing your cards - with gifts, so awesome! Love the quotes too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just received your card from iHanna's swap 2013, it's beautiful, I love it!

    ReplyDelete